Difference between revisions of "HF4:Chapter 1 - Welcome to halFILE 4.0"
Latest revision as of 17:41, 20 February 2017
Welcome! This chapter introduces you to the halFILE™ Document Manager and provides you with an overview of the contents of this User Manual.
- 1 About halFILE
- 2 Online Help
- 3 Product registration
- 4 Technical Support
halFILE is designed to provide for the management of your documents in an advanced yet easy to use environment. halFILE handles your documents from capture to indexing to storage to search and retrieval, and provides a variety of tools to streamline the process.
halFILE scans (local or remote), imports, and captures the printed output. The system can handle typical business documents in a variety of formats including TIFF, JPEG, PDF, and Office documents.
halFILE provides sophisticated database support using powerful Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) drivers. Databases can include a variety of fields and validation types that can be populated by keyboard entry, barcode, database lookups and real-time Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
halFILE can archive documents to a variety of media including WORM, magneto-optical, magnetic disk, network storage devices and CD-ROM. Archiving can be performed automatically as a nightly service.
halFILE\’s powerful search engine lets you find and view your documents quickly. Reports of database information can be generated using powerful Crystal Reports.
With e.halFILE, our web-based add-on product, you can web-enable your database search and document retrieval seamlessly.
halFILE provides many support features to help you learn about the system. This includes the following:
- Context-sensitive help accessed by pressing the F1 key.
- This On-line Users Guide at http://help.halfile.com.
- Help menus to provide access to on-line help file for each module including the Table of Contents, an Index and a full text Search of the help file.
- Help menu to provide access to the complete manual with Table of Contents, Index and Full Text Search.
- Help menu to access halFILE\’s web site, http://www.halfile.com, which provides an extensive technical support area to help to provide answers to problems, white paper and supporting documentation, and a knowledge base. Once you reach the web site, check out the Support and My halFILE links.
Search the halFILE Knowledge Base
In the Support area of [www.halfile.com.-http://www.halfile.com./], the "halFILE Knowledge Base" link lets you search our database of technical support incidents that describe resolutions to problems that have been encountered in the past. Go to halFILE.com and click Support from the menus near the top of the page.
In the Support area of [www.halfile.com-http://www.halfile.com/], the Supporting Documentation link provides specific application support for add-on and feature products that are part of the halFILE family. The documents are provided in Acrobat PDF format.
Tech Support Briefs / White Papers
In the Support area of [www.halfile.com-http://www.halfile.com/], the Tech Support Briefs/White Papers link provides white papers and briefs about specific applications of halFILE as well as solutions to common issues.
HalFILE Users Group (HUG)
When you purchased halFILE, you became a member of the halFILE Users Group (HUG). The HUG web site can be reached by clicking the HUG logo on [www.halfile.com-http://www.halfile.com/] or by going to http://hug.halfile.com. Here you can find information about past and future HUG Conferences, training seminars, and items of interest to halFILE users.
The first time you go into halFILE, you are shown a registration form. Once you fill out the form, it is automatically sent it to halFILE Technical Support. Issues with installation and registration may be directed to:
Technical Support is provided to registered users having an active maintenance agreement. Technical support is available in the following methods:
Web site: [www.halfile.com-http://www.halfile.com/] Supporting Documentation, Tech Support Briefs, White Papers
- 877.425.3453 (877.halfile)
When you submit a technical support request, be sure to include the following information:
- A full description of the problem
- The error message you are getting
- Environment information including:
- Product Serial Number or Client Number - Windows version (Windows 8, 7, XP, 2000) - Network type - Scanner make and model (if applicable) - PC memory - Database Platform (SQL Server, SQL Server Express) and version
Technical support connections to your computer are supported with the following applications:
- Remote Desktop/Terminal Server
- halFILE HelpDesk
The halFILE HelpDesk communications tool lets you share your computer with a tech support analyst. To use the help desk feature:
- Select the Help-Share computer with Tech Support from the halFILE Manager menu.
- Go to [www.halfile.com-http://www.halfile.com/] and click on My halFILE. Then select the "Share your computer with a Tech Support Analyst" link